OCR stands for Optical character recognition. It simply means the ability of a device to read and interpret characters.
Here are three methods to search for text inside images use OCR without any coding knowledge
- Use Google keep–
- Go to https://keep.google.com/ and upload images and search for the text you want to search for.
- Use Google drive–
- Open drive.google.com and just use the search bar to search for images that are already inside your drive.
- Use Photos.google.com–
- Go to photos.google.com and use the search bar to search for images inside google.
- Use a external OCR service –
- You can use www.newocr.com to upload and search for images inside them.
If you are a programmer and would like to do OCR in your applications at scale, then you should look for a OCR API.
Here are the best OCR APIs-
- Googe cloud vision api -ocrThe Vision API can detect and extract text from images. There are two annotation features that support optical character recognition (OCR):
TEXT_DETECTIONdetects and extracts text from any image. For example, a photograph might contain a street sign or traffic sign. The JSON includes the entire extracted string, as well as individual words, and their bounding boxes.
DOCUMENT_TEXT_DETECTIONalso extracts text from an image, but the response is optimized for dense text and documents. The JSON includes page, block, paragraph, word, and break information.
- Microsoft computer vision API-
The Microsoft Computer Vision API is a comprehensive set of computer vision tools, spanning capabilities like generating smart image thumbnails, recognizing celebrities in images and describing the content of images using AI.